Businesses & Buildings in Fort Bragg Ca. with History

Where Personal Memory Meets Local History
This archive brings together two kinds of history that rarely appear in the same place: the personal recollections that never made it into any book or official record, and the additional history I've pieced together over the years from local records, old photos, conversations, and community sources — including the ongoing archive at:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153269104881177&type=3
What began as a simple photo set on Facebook turned into a long-running conversational exchange — people chiming in with memories, correcting dates, adding names, and filling in details that were never written down anywhere. Those threads produced an enormous amount of unwritten history, the kind that only surfaces when locals start talking to each other.
The published history provides the framework — when a building was built, who owned it, how it changed over time — but the real depth comes from those shared recollections: the bartender who remembers what the place used to be called, the kid who sat at a counter drinking lemonade while fishermen traded tall tales, the families who watched storefronts shift through generations.
By combining both kinds of history — the part anyone can look up and the part only locals can tell — each entry becomes a living record of Fort Bragg. This site gathers those layers into one place, preserving the town's past not just as documented fact, but as remembered experience.
© 2026 InFortBragg.com — Celebrating the history of the Mendocino Coast

Below is the full, living index of Fort Bragg’s businesses, buildings, and historic sites — grouped by neighborhood and updated as new history comes in.
Noyo Harbor(34)
Working waterfront — Harbor Dr, Basin St, Casa Del Noyo

Anchor Lodge
32260 North Harbor Drive — A 1940s Noyo Harbor motor-court lodge beside The Wharf Restaurant, still operating as harbor-side lodging today.

Caito Fisheries
19400 S. Harbor Dr. — A working Noyo Harbor fish plant tied to the Caito family's commercial fishing history dating back to early-1920s Fort Bragg operations.

Cap'n Flint's
32250 N. Harbor Dr. — A classic Noyo Harbor restaurant remembered for its clam chowder, shrimp wontons, and waterfront views.

Cap'n Flint's Out Building
32250 North Harbor Dr. — A small harbor outbuilding with lives as a gift shop, art gallery, photography studio, and restaurant storage.

Casa De Sol
32351 N Harbor Dr — A Noyo Harbor building remembered as Snug Harbor, El Mexicano, Mayan Fusion, and now Casa Del Sol.

David's Deli
163 Boatyard Dr — A Boatyard Center deli with an earlier Franklin Street chapter and a lot of local memory packed into one storefront.

Department of Fish and Wildlife
32330 N. Harbor Dr — A working harbor site that moved from fish processing to marine research without losing its connection to the water.

Django's Rough Bar
Noyo Harbor — A weathered, character-rich harbor bar remembered as Sharon's by the Sea, Heron by the Sea, and Rough Bar, with live music, craft beer, and decks over the water, now home to Princess Seafood's restaurant.

Dollar Tree
189 Boatyard Dr — A Boatyard Shopping Center storefront whose history runs through the original Thrifty Drug Store and the older land-use memory of this end of town.

Dolphin Isle Marina & RV Park
32399 Basin Street — An upriver harbor retreat where boats, fishermen, campers, breakfast stops and summer friendships have gathered for more than sixty years.

Epic Graphics
32350 N. Harbor Dr. — A working Noyo Harbor graphics and printing shop in a plain, practical building that fits the harbor's working rhythm.

Harbor Lite Lodge
120 N. Harbor Dr. — A 1972 harbor-facing motel by the Noyo Bridge, family-owned for decades and still tied to Fort Bragg's working waterfront.

Harvest Market
171 Boatyard Dr — A family-owned grocery store and community anchor at Fort Bragg's Highway 1 and 20 crossroads since 1985.

Ice Plant
32590 N. Harbor Drive — The quiet harbor building that kept Noyo's fishing fleet supplied with ice for decades.

Makela Boat Works
19280 S. Harbor Dr (Noyo Harbor) — A third-generation boatbuilding yard dating to the 1940s, one of Noyo Harbor's most iconic working-waterfront landmarks.

Noyo Bookstore
West end of N. Harbor Dr., Noyo Harbor — A tiny used-book shop tucked into Noyo Harbor, run by Friends of the Fort Bragg Library, where every sale helps support library programs.

Noyo Center Marine Science Field Station
32430 N. Harbor Dr. — Once Carine's harborside restaurant, now the Noyo Center's marine science field station, where Noyo's working past meets Fort Bragg's marine future.

Noyo Fish Company
32440 N. Harbor Dr. — A small Noyo Harbor building that has held fish markets, soft-serve cones, snack-shack memories, and decades of waterfront life.

Noyo Fishing Center
32450 N. Harbor Dr. — A year-round harbor bait-and-tackle shop with roots in the early 1960s Ghens family rentals, still serving fishermen and kayakers at Noyo Harbor.

Noyo Gallery (Sportsman's Gallery)
32094 N. Harbor Dr — A small harbor building with roots in Noyo's old cannery days, now home to nautical art by Mendocino Coast artists.

Noyo Harbor Inn
500 Casa Del Noyo Drive — A blufftop landmark that has watched the harbor change from lumber-era outpost to family home, lodge, treatment center, historic inn, restaurant, and gathering place.

Pacific Rim Seafood
32310 N. Harbor Drive — A diver-owned sea urchin processing company established in 1999 and part of Noyo Harbor's working commercial seafood infrastructure.

Princess Seafood Market & Deli
32410 N. Harbor Drive — A long, low Noyo Harbor building with deep roots in the commercial fishing trade, from Paladini's fish company through the Schnaubelt family years to today's popular seafood market and deli.

Princess Seafood Restaurant
32096 N. Harbor Dr — A weathered harbor building under the Noyo Bridge that went from Welch's Sportsman Dock to Django's Rough Bar to Princess Seafood, carrying decades of working-waterfront memory.
Sacred Woods Garden Center
32881 N. Harbor Drive — A harbor-side building with lives as a fish cannery, Honda dealership, sign shop, and now a garden art center.

Salmon Trollers Marketing Association (STMA)
19292 S. Harbor Dr. — The oldest local fishing organization in Fort Bragg, established in 1953 to represent fishermen's interests, support the harbor community, and help launch the Salmon BBQ tradition.

Schnaubelt Distillery / Old Noyo Ice Company
32425 N. Harbor Dr. — From Noyo Harbor's first icehouse to a craft distillery, this working waterfront building was reborn without losing its harbor character.

Schnaubelt Fisheries
32390 N. Harbor Drive — A working Noyo Harbor seafood building tied to the Schnaubelt family's fishing history, fish processing, fertilizer production, and the neighboring Sea Pal Cove restaurant. Established 1988. Shares the address with Sea Pal Cove.

Sea Pal Cove
32390 N. Harbor Drive — A casual harbor-side seafood spot founded in 2011, known for fish and chips, cold beer, outdoor seating, and an up-close view of working Noyo Harbor.

Thanksgiving Coffee Company
19100 S. Harbor Drive — A Mendocino Coast coffee company founded in 1972 by Paul and Joan Katzeff, where beans have been roasted, packaged, and shipped far beyond Fort Bragg while the smell of the roaster still drifts through the Noyo Harbor neighborhood.

Tommy's Marine Service
19300 S. Harbor Dr. — A working Noyo Harbor address that shifted from Cal Shell Fish Company's fish handling to Tommy's marine supply and repair, keeping boats moving since the mid-20th century.

West Coast Engine & Equipment Co.
32360 N. Harbor Dr. — A Noyo Harbor working-site mystery tied to Westfall Marine, boat repair, marine ways, and the old industrial life of the harbor.

The Wharf Restaurant
32260 N. Harbor Dr. — A Noyo Harbor landmark since the early 1950s, beginning as a modest café under Jim Cummings and run for 27 years by Tom and Mary Wisdom, with the Anchor Lodge rooms below.

Zephyr Food Products
32420 N. Harbor Drive — A plain corrugated-metal Noyo Harbor building associated with Zephyr Food Products (also signed as Zephyr Foods) and the Hougland family, tied to seafood processing, distribution, and the quiet behind-the-scenes work of the working waterfront.
Downtown — Franklin Street(42)
North & South Franklin downtown core

Advocate-News Building
450 N. Franklin St. — The former Fort Bragg Advocate-News office, its faded ghost sign still preserving one of the town's longest newspaper traditions.

Art Explorers
333 N. Franklin St. — A downtown nonprofit creative arts studio for disabled and neurodivergent adult artists, in a storefront once home to Makela's Shoe Shop.

AT&T / Pacific Bell Building
441 N. Franklin St — The old phone company building that kept Fort Bragg connected, remembered for Pacific Bell, AT&T, operators, switching equipment, warning signs, and the big dish on the roof.

Canclini Television & Appliance
636 S. Franklin St. — A dependable Fort Bragg appliance store where generations bought refrigerators, TVs, and mattresses from local owners.

Carine's Motel
327 S. Franklin Street — A 1940s motor court remembered for the Carine family, payphones, pay showers, and old-school roadside Fort Bragg.

Coast Cinemas
135 S. Franklin St — Fort Bragg's movie theater since 1964, where Friday night lived for generations.

Community First Credit Union
147 N. Franklin St — A downtown corner that kept shifting with the town, from Crocker Bank to video store to credit union.

D'Aurelio & Sons
438 S. Franklin St., Fort Bragg — A longtime family-style Italian restaurant and original Fort Bragg pizzeria known for pizza, pasta, soups, salads, and homemade bread.

Detrick Veterinary Hospital
486 S. Franklin St. — A long-trusted small-animal veterinary practice that served Fort Bragg from 1975 until its closure left a noticeable gap in coastal animal care.

Down Home Foods
115 S Franklin St — A natural foods store that became part of Fort Bragg's daily life for 49 years under Stanley Miklose.

El Torito Market / Goodies Corner
144 N. Franklin St. — A long-remembered Fort Bragg corner that has carried Louie's Pizza, Arthur's Corner, Goodies, The Floor Store, and now El Torito Market.

Farmers Insurance, Sapphire Dooley
118 S. Franklin Street — A two-story Franklin Street building now an insurance office, remembered by locals as Cal's Tavern next to the Rosebud, across from the theater.

Fort Bragg Bakery
360 N. Franklin St — A bakery serving Fort Bragg since 1909, with a legendary brick oven and changing identities.

Fort Bragg Farmers Market
400 Block N. Franklin St. — A year-round Wednesday market behind City Hall that turns a downtown block into a weekly gathering of farms, vendors, and neighbors.

The Fort Bragg Food Bank
910 N. Franklin St. — A working-service property that anchors hunger relief across coastal Mendocino County, from Elk to Westport.

Fort Bragg Furniture Mart
235 N. Franklin Street — A postwar furniture store still anchored in downtown Fort Bragg since 1948.

Fort Bragg Transmission & Auto
701 S. Franklin St. — A South Franklin workhorse where the town keeps its wheels turning, family-owned since 1980.

The Fort Building / Kai Poma Center
430 N. Franklin St. — The last surviving structure from the 1857 military post, now the Kai Poma Center operated by a tribally chartered Pomo nonprofit.

Good Morning Graphics
541 S. Franklin St. — A working South Franklin building that has gone from metalwork and woodshop work to custom guitars, construction, and the printed face of local businesses.

La Bamba
124 N. Franklin St. — A versatile downtown building with layers of history: laundromat in the 1960s, barber shop since the 1950s, and long known as La Bamba restaurant and imports.

La Tre
363 N. Franklin St. — A downtown boutique storefront with a past that runs from Shattuck's Shanty to Mode O'Day, books, collectibles, and today's clothing and accessories.

Lisa Harvey, O.D.
501 S. Franklin St. — A small yellow corner office at Franklin and Chestnut with a long medical-office memory behind its quiet residential look.

Los Gallitos
230 N Franklin St — A Franklin Street storefront that cycled through Royal Pastries, a flower shop, El Sombrero, and more before becoming a Fort Bragg Mexican restaurant fixture.

MCRPD Studios
579 S. Franklin St. — A Franklin Street address that has gone from helping people travel on two wheels, to home medical equipment, to a neighborhood studio for martial arts, fitness and dance.

Mendocino Coast Photography Gallery
357 N. Franklin St. — A downtown Franklin Street gallery tied to coastal photography, local artists, earlier clothing-store memories, and the kind of storefront that asks people to slow down and look.

Music Merchant
337 N. Franklin St. — A two-story downtown building with a long chain of tenants from boots to records to instruments, now home to Fort Bragg's go-to music shop.

NMA Designs / Art Scene Studio
319 N. Franklin St. — A colorful North Franklin Street storefront where local art, handmade design, working studio space, and memories of Sherlock's Drug Store share the same downtown footprint.

Norvell's Sales & Service
662 S. Franklin St. — A Franklin Street workhorse where paint, garage doors, rental equipment, and fishing supplies all somehow make perfect Fort Bragg sense.

Old Coast Hotel
101 N. Franklin St. — A downtown landmark that collected stories as hotel, bar, restaurant, rooming house, arcade, and now community services, carrying more than a century of Fort Bragg memory.

Pacific Pearl / KNYO Radio / Coast Cleaners
325–327 N. Franklin St. — A 1906 Franklin Street storefront where clean clothes, candy, found treasures, music, radio, and community life have all passed through the same old commercial footprint.

Purity Stores
242 N. Franklin St — The last surviving Purity supermarket in California, open since December 1955.

Racine's
344 N. Franklin St. — Where generations of Fort Bragg residents have gone for paper, paint, toys, pens, office supplies, art materials, gifts, and that unmistakable old-store feeling.

Reynolds Men's Wear & Wren's Boutique
349 N. Franklin St. — A classic Franklin Street clothing storefront where generations of Fort Bragg residents dressed for work, weddings, school, and everyday life, with memories of Matson's Men's Wear underneath.

Sew and Sew
890 N Franklin St — A long warehouse building that went from pea packing plant to co-op feed store to Overboard film location to today’s maker spaces.

The Sherman Building
120 N. Franklin St. — A downtown office building remembered as Fort Bragg's old DMV and later home to Fort Bragg Credit Union.
The Ship's Wheel
Oak & Franklin Street — A corner bar with five names, live music legends, poker lore, and ghost stories that span decades of Fort Bragg nightlife.

Sound Waves / Record Roost
300 N. Franklin St — A beloved record store and community hub, now an empty lot still full of Fort Bragg memory.

Tall Guy Brewing
362 N Franklin St — A downtown corner that went from Golden Rule Market to Montgomery Ward to Sears to a taproom, always pulling people in.

Tip Top Lounge
321 N. Franklin St. — A 1906 downtown Fort Bragg building remembered as an early bowling alley and one of the town's longest-running dive bars, with apartments upstairs.

Toscano's Auto Repair
630 N. Franklin St. B — A practical North Franklin work bay tied to auto repair, Coast Auto memories, the Rickett family, and the keep-it-running side of Fort Bragg.

Well House West
311 N. Franklin St. — A 1937 two-story retail building remembered as Safeway, Western Auto, and now a popular gift and housewares shop.

Wood Joint Studio
915 N. Franklin St. — A north-end shop where sawdust, custom woodwork, and hands-on craftsmanship still carry the old working rhythm of Fort Bragg.
Downtown — Cross Streets(28)
Laurel, Redwood, Oak, Pine, Chestnut, Fir, Elm

Accu-Tech Auto Body
201 Cypress St. — A bright-blue corner work building remembered as a Coca-Cola bottling plant, then a series of body and paint shops, and Accu-Tech Auto Body since the mid-1990s.

Applied Kinesiology / Laylow Fadez Barber
203 E. Pine St. — A little corner office building that treated Fort Bragg's teeth, eyes, and now a new generation of local needs.

B & C Market
401 E. Oak Street — A century-old Fort Bragg neighborhood corner grocery at East Oak and South Harrison, tracing to 1916 and long remembered as B & C Grocery under Wayne and Tina Thompson, now reopened as B & C Market with a deli, espresso, and grab-and-go.

The Bar 707 / Redwood Health Club
401 Cypress St. — A practical Cypress Street building that housed Redwood Health Club from the 1970s until 2012, now operating as The Bar 707.

Chase Bank
120 E. Alder St. — A practical downtown bank corner with older community memory of Stauer Chevrolet, Cain Sheetmetal, apartments, and an open-lot earlier era.

Colombi Market and Deli
647 E. Oak St — A corner market so rooted in town memory that the newer name never really had a chance.

Cucina Verona
124 E. Laurel St — A red two-story corner building housing one of downtown Fort Bragg's favorite restaurants since 2014.

Cypress Street Barn
369 Cypress St. — A barn-shaped workshop and gallery space tied to the old Bolden Dairy, early-morning milking, woodworking, art shows, and Fort Bragg's habit of turning working buildings into creative places.

FloBeds
234 E. Redwood Ave — Home of FloBeds, a locally run mattress company shipping worldwide from a downtown building remembered as Near and Garbini machine shop and Garbini's blacksmith shop.

Flossophy
501 Cypress St. — A tidy Cypress Street dental hygiene office in Fort Bragg's medical district, remembered first as Dr. Chuck Jones DDS and later as Sean Hackley's physical therapy office.

Footlighters (formerly Runeberg Hall)
248 E. Laurel St — A two-story community theater that anchored Fort Bragg's participatory theater tradition before its 2021 auction.

Golden West Saloon
128 E. Redwood Ave., Fort Bragg — A historic saloon operating since the late 1800s, still standing and still serving.

Haywire / Makela's
151 W. Elm St. — A longtime Fort Bragg workwear, boot, and clothing spot tied to the Makela family story, later reopened as Haywire and now closed.

Headlands Coffeehouse
120 E. Laurel Street — A downtown corner coffeehouse that became part of how people measured belonging in Fort Bragg.

Interior
224 E. Redwood Ave — A false-front downtown storefront now home to Interior, a home décor and vintage shop, with a long earlier life remembered as Fort Bragg Glass.

Jordon Studios
301 E. Redwood Ave. — A corner building remembered as Fort Bragg's old post office and a longtime dance studio, now wrapped in a redwood mural.

La Palapa
647 E. Oak St. — A neighborhood taqueria corner that went from Ricarda's to La Palapa, serving Fort Bragg's everyday food needs.

Larry Spring Museum of Common Sense Physics
225 E. Redwood Ave — From Fort Bragg's first TV repair shop to an eccentric museum of homemade physics models and local invention.

Lee's Chinese
154 E. Redwood Ave. — A longtime Chinese restaurant on the Redwood-Franklin corner, family-owned since 1999, and a Fort Bragg fixture since 1980.

Mendocino Coast Pharmacy
350 Cypress St — A locally owned independent pharmacy in a practical Cypress Street building with an earlier Parents and Friends and redwood Adirondack furniture history.

Mendocino County Planning & Building Services / Environmental Health
120 W. Fir St. — A former county office building with an earlier life in local medicine, tied to doctors, patients, permits, and the everyday workings of Fort Bragg.

Milano Hotel & Bar
300 E. Oak St — A 100-year-old neighborhood bar with deep roots in Fort Bragg's mill-town history.

Off the Hook
118 E. Redwood Ave. — One address, three Fort Bragg restaurant lives: the 24-hour Club Fort Bragg diner, the beloved Redwood Cookhouse buffet, and today's Off the Hook Japanese restaurant.

Overtime Brewing
190 E. Elm St. — A small brewery and restaurant in a workaday commercial building that previously housed a tire shop, motorcycle shop, auto repair, medical equipment store, art studio, and the Lost Coast Culture Machine.

Piaci
120 W. Redwood Ave. — A downtown corner that has cycled through western wear, a tack shop, video store, Apple computer business, copy shop, wrap shop, and finally the beloved pizza restaurant and social anchor known as Piaci.

Rantala Heating & Sheet Metal
134 E. Chestnut St. — A plain working-shop building tied to heating, HVAC, sheet metal, and earlier auto-repair memories from the days of E&B Auto Repair.

Sport Auto Center / Sport Dodge
200 E. Chestnut St. — A practical Fort Bragg auto-business corner that has long served the town through sales, service, and rentals.

Welcome Inn
148 E. Redwood Ave. — A modest mid-century bar on East Redwood that opened at six in the morning for loggers and fishermen, connected to the Welcome Inn restaurant that later became Lee's Chinese.
North Main Street Corridor(63)
From 200 N. Main north to Pudding Creek and Cleone

Anchor & Grind
435 N. Main St. — A North Main coffee spot sharing a distinctive false-front printer's-shop building with Braggadoon Signs & Graphics.

Atrium Bed & Breakfast
700 N. Main St. — A pair of old North Main houses joined into one inn, carrying Fort Bragg's residential, business, and traveler history under those steep Victorian rooflines.

The Bakery
342 N. Main St. — A narrow downtown storefront remembered as Furniture Mart and later as The Bakery, a cannabis retailer that opened in 2020.

Bank of America
228 N. Main St. — A mid-century commercial building remembered as Bank of America, with earlier memories of a gas station, smaller shops, and Pete's shoe repair, and later use as a chocolate shop.

The Beach House Inn
100 Pudding Creek Rd — A north-end coastal inn overlooking Pudding Creek, on land once remembered as sand dunes, horseback country, and cross-country workout hills.

Beachcomber Motel
1111 N. Main St. — A north-end oceanfront motel tied to Pudding Creek, the trestle, and the Coastal Trail, expanded south in 1999 to 72 rooms.

Braggadoon Signs & Graphics
435 N. Main St. — A tall North Main false-front building with deep printing-trade history, restored in the late 1980s, now home to Braggadoon Signs & Graphics.

Cafe 1
Cafe 1, 753 N. Main St., Fort Bragg — firsthand local memories of Ada Belle's, Inez's and the Chinese restaurant that came before it, plus the owners and organic menu that followed.

Century 21 Fort Bragg Realty
809 N. Main St — A North Main office building remembered for Village Nursery, health food, and a juice bar before its real estate era.

Classic Car Care
501 N. Main St. — From Plymouth-DeSoto dealership to gas station to Honda shop to Fort Bragg's long-running auto detailing business since 1987.

Cleone Grocery
24400 N. Highway 1 — A roadside grocery, gas stop, and campground that became part of every trip north of Fort Bragg.

Coast Hardware (formerly Windsor Hotel)
300 N. Main St., Fort Bragg, CA — A practical Main Street hardware store built on the site of the historic Windsor Hotel, carrying layers of Fort Bragg history from hotel days and downtown fires to freight lifts, Radio Shack, and everyday hardware runs.

The Company Store
301 N. Main St. — History of Fort Bragg's 1912 Union Lumber Company Store: redwood construction, company credit, Sea Fair, Daly's and today's tenants.

Cowlicks Hand Made Ice Cream
250 N Main St — A flexible downtown space remembered for Rexall, Shooters, and now ice cream and grill.

Crab Feed / Event Space
801 N. Main St — An open corner at Main and Spruce used for the Crab Cake Cook-Off, seasonal markets, and community gatherings.

Dalton, Leombruno & Associates
711 N. Main St., Suite A — A former North Main residence turned professional office, still showing its house bones.

Denny's
901 N Main St — Late-night coffee, after-hours gatherings, and layers of north-end Fort Bragg memory at the town's front door.

The Depot / Olinsky Building
401 N. Main St. — Built in 1920 by Julius Olinsky as Fort Bragg's second reinforced concrete building, now the Depot Mall & Museum and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Dr. Eric G. Frazier, Chiropractor
722 N. Main St. — A North Main house-turned-professional office, carrying the quieter side of Fort Bragg's commercial history.

Egghead's
326 N Main St — A dependable breakfast-and-lunch stop on North Main, with roots reaching back to the old Wimpy's counter.

Farmers Insurance - Rick Friar
153 N. Main St. — A small Main Street insurance office in the building remembered as the longtime Fort Bragg Police Department headquarters.

Feet First / Shafsky Bros
336 N. Main St. — A downtown shoe store with the Shafsky Bros. name still on the building, carrying layers from the 1906 earthquake through Ben Franklin to today.

Flowers Etc.
622 N. Main St. — A converted North Main building remembered as the Racine family home, JP's motorcycle shop, and a longtime florist.

Fort Bragg Car Wash
500 N. Main St. — A practical North Main car wash with roots in an older Shell station and Baroni's car-wash memories on the same Pine and Main corner.

Fort Bragg Towing & Auto Repair
734 N. Main St. — A North Main automotive corner remembered as Gas & Save before it became today's towing and repair shop.

Gordon's Auto Service
N. Main St. — A working auto-shop lot remembered through Chevron service, tire-shop years, Hood Automotive, Gordon's, and the 2021 fire that left a gap on Main Street.

Grey Whale Inn
615 N. Main Street — Fort Bragg's first hospital (built 1915), later repurposed as a beloved coastal inn.

Hare Creek Automotive
18781 N. Highway 1 — A south-end highway service property remembered as a Shell / J and R Shell station and Mendo Muffler shop, now home to Hare Creek Automotive.

Hot Pepper Jelly Company
330 N. Main St. — A small Main Street storefront in the Lisser/Leiser block, remembered through jelly, junk shops, fashion, and downtown foot traffic.

Jenny's Giant Burger
940 N Main St — A landmark burger stand since 1982, built on memories of Stoney's carhop days.

KW Saltwater Grill
542 N Main St — A wedge-shaped building by the railroad tracks that has been bottling works, La Comida, chocolate shop, and now Kristy Wilson's seafood grill.

Laurel Deli & Desserts
401 N. Main St — The historic Olinsky Building, a National Register landmark that went from transportation depot to Anchor Ford dealership to today's beloved deli.

Mendo Sotheby's International Realty
703 N. Main St. — A North Main office building with an old-house feel, now part of the coast's real estate story.

Mendocino Chocolate Company
410 N Main St — A North Main storefront that went from PG&E bill-paying office to small-batch chocolatier, part of the Mendocino Coast since 1985.

Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens
18220 N. Highway 1 — A living coastal landmark founded in 1961 by Ernest and Betty Schoefer, where a modest Highway 1 entrance opens into 47 acres of gardens, forest, trails, and ocean bluff.

Mendocino Coast Healthcare Foundation
130 N. Main St. — A Main Street healthcare foundation office, an open lot, and one very memorable boat mystery.

Mendocino County Guns
18601 N. Highway 1, Suite B — A north-highway storefront remembered as Mitchell Electric (with family upstairs), Surplus Etc., Dave's Trading Post, and Ed's Guns before becoming Mendocino County Guns.

Nello's Market & Deli
860 N Main St — A north-end neighborhood market that has quietly anchored its corner of town for generations.

Nit's Cafe
322 N. Main St — A compact Main Street storefront with a long lineup of small commercial lives, from ice cream to gyros to Asian fusion.

North Coast Brewing Co. — Brewery
455 N. Main St. — The production side of North Coast Brewing, once Hansen Chevron gas station, now the working brewery behind one of Fort Bragg's most recognized brands.

North Coast Brewing Co. — The Pub
444 N. Main St. — A modest Main Street building that went from mortuary to College of the Redwoods classrooms to the public face of one of Fort Bragg's best-known breweries.

North O' Town Industrial Center
1260 N. Main St. — A north-end mixed-use industrial complex remembered for KGM Glass, Fort Bragg Mini Storage, Mendocino Mustard, Mendocino Jams and Jellies, Virgin Creek Printing, the local cable office, a tackle shop, and more.

Northcoast Artists Gallery
362 N. Main St — A 1917 Main Street storefront that became Fort Bragg's first cooperative gallery in 1986.

Noyo Center for Marine Science Discovery Center
338 N. Main St. — A downtown storefront that connects Main Street back to the ocean, marine science, and the long story of Fort Bragg’s working coast.

Ocean View Lodge
1141 N. Main St. — A blufftop lodge rebuilt in 1998 from an older 11-unit motel, part of Fort Bragg's contested coastal lodging corridor.

Oceanside Inn and Suites
820 N Main St — A classic Highway 1 motel property with roots in Fort Bragg's mid-century Driftwood Motel era.

Omeo Suites Glass Beach
753 N. Main St. — A North Main motel property with roots as the old Fort Bragg Motel, remembered through postcards, road trips, restaurant meals, Travelodge years, and the everyday neighborhood life around Glass Beach.

The Purple Rose
24300 N. Highway 1 — A Cleone roadside gathering place remembered as Margie's Pie Place since 1968, later The Purple Rose, where half the neighborhood showed up.

Redwood Forest Welcome Center
247 N. Main St. — A highly visible Main and Redwood corner building that has carried outdoor retail, shipping and mailbox memories, and today's forest-conservation presence in the middle of downtown.

Redwood Investments
319 N. Main St — The 1904 Bank of Fort Bragg building, one of the few brick structures to survive the 1906 earthquake.

The Restaurant
418 N Main St — An 1895 Main Street landmark remembered as fountain, pharmacy, beloved restaurant, and now Mayan Fusion.

Rhoads Auto Parts / NAPA Auto Parts
203 N. Main St. — A practical North Main auto-parts building with remembered layers as Rhoads, NAPA, possible dealership space, and an older cafe-and-gas-station corner.

Roundman's Smoke House & Butcher Shop
412 N. Main St. — A Main Street meat counter that traces back through Quality Meats, J&S Distributing, and decades of butcher work, serving Fort Bragg and the Mendocino Coast since at least the 1960s.

Salty Paws Grooming
221 N. Main St. — A practical multi-tenant downtown building housing a grooming shop and NorCal Pack and Ship.

Sea La Vie Vintage Shoppe
642 N. Main St. — A North Main old-house storefront that turned a residential shape into a place for vintage finds, small treasures, and local memory.

Shafsky Bros. Building
340 N. Main St. — A downtown brick building with the Shafsky Bros. name and 1892 date still on the façade, rebuilt after the 1906 earthquake and later remembered as Ben Franklin.

The Sherwood Company
350 N. Main St. — A reinventing downtown storefront remembered as Spunky Skunk, a video rental store, and later home to The Sherwood Company.

Sinclair Dino
863 N. Main St. — A bright teal Apatosaurus-style dinosaur standing beside a Sinclair gas station, a small roadside landmark on North Main.

Sunshine Inn
627 N. Main St. — A 1905 house that survived as nurses' quarters, a train-themed restaurant, and now a restored inn on North Main.

Surf & Sand Lodge
1131 N. Main St — A blufftop oceanfront lodge on Fort Bragg's north-end motel strip, tied to family memory, dog walks, anniversaries, and the Hunt-family lodging history.

Taka's Grill
250 N. Main St. — A North Main sushi spot with a downtown storefront past that still brings back Rexall memories.

Triangle Tattoo & Museum
356 N. Main St., Suite B — Founded in 1986 by Mr. G and Madame Chinchilla in one of Fort Bragg's original Victorian storefronts, housing one of the few public tattoo museums in the country alongside Edgewater Gallery.

Windsong
324 N. Main St. — A downtown used-books-and-records shop where Fort Bragg has bought class books, piano books, postcards, odd treasures, and a little calm for years.
South Main Street Corridor(33)
From 100 S. Main south to the harbor approach

Baymont by Wyndham Fort Bragg
250 S. Main St. — A South Main motel known earlier as Ebb Tide Lodge, part of Fort Bragg's Highway 1 traveler-strip lodging history.

Cafe Jaavy
120 S. Main St. — A bright South Main café and coffee stop carrying on a long breakfast tradition beside Lucy's Laundry.

CVS Pharmacy
150 S Main St. — From ballfield to Safeway to Sprouse-Reitz to Longs to CVS, this South Main corner holds eras of Fort Bragg life stacked on one lot.

Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf
1211 S. Main St. — A South Main family-destination inn with on-site mini golf and arcade, sitting at the gateway between downtown Fort Bragg and the Highway 20 junction.

G-P Mill Site Main Gate
215 S. Main St — The old main gate to the Georgia-Pacific mill site, where generations of Fort Bragg workers crossed the threshold between town life and the industrial waterfront.

Green Rock Dispensary
500A S Main St — A South Main corner that keeps reinventing itself while staying in everyday Fort Bragg commerce.

Hair Co Plus
208 S Main St — A modest South Main salon with layers of memory reaching back to Mademoiselle's and the old corner gas station.

Homestyle Café
790 S Main St — The gray A-frame by Seabird Lodge that went from Chicken and Pizza House to a beloved breakfast landmark.

K. McKee & Company
205 S. Main St. — A practical South Main office building with layers of banking, mill-company, and professional-service history.

Ken Baumgartner, DDS
18175 CA-1 — A south-of-town farmhouse turned dental office, with a history that appears to have crossed the highway before settling into its present life.

La Mexicana Market
116 S. Main St. — A South Main Mexican market and food stop in a block once home to Western Auto, a model store, and other practical neighborhood businesses.

La Playa Mexican Restaurant
760 S Main St — A 1977 roadside restaurant built for highway traffic, from Burger King years to longtime Mexican dining.

Lucy's Laundry
124 S Main St — A Fort Bragg tradition since 1985, this practical South Main fixture has quietly served the town's everyday laundry needs for decades.

Mike's Classic Car Wash
556 S. Main St. — A practical South Main car wash with wide bays that keeps Fort Bragg's working trucks, fishing rigs, and family cars on the road.

Mountain Mike's Pizza
898 S Main St — From Brown's Ranch Market to Perko's to Mountain Mike's, a south-end corner that carries decades of Fort Bragg memory.

North Coast Tire Pros
440 S. Main St. — A South Main tire and auto-service shop that sits in Fort Bragg's highway-era working corridor and keeps the town's vehicles rolling.

Noyo Gas Stop
1004 S. Main St. — A practical Highway 1 gas stop near the north end of the Noyo Bridge, on a corner remembered for a 1960s Chevron station with service bays, Kemgas fuel tanks, and a South Main stretch once lined with markets, motels, used-car lots, and roadside shops.

Noyo River Grill
1011 S. Main Street — A cliffside restaurant above the Noyo River, remembered as Inez's Cliff House, the Cliff House, and now Noyo River Grill.

The Outlet Store
1031 S. Main St. — A big south-end commercial property that went from Arrow Chevrolet to Mitchell Chevrolet to Sierra Wheels to today's outlet retail.

The Pyorre Building
310 S. Main St. — A South Main office building known by the Pyorre Insurance name, home to insurance, law, and other professional services.

Redwood Liquor
112 S Main St — A South Main Street liquor store remembered for cold beer, local characters, and small-town notoriety.

Rite Aid
490 S. Main St — From Safeway to PayLess Drug to Rite Aid, a big South Main building that carried decades of Fort Bragg daily routine.

Riverview Building
1102 S Main St — A south-end office building remembered for dentists, lawyers, and everyday life since 1968.

Round Table Pizza
740 S. Main St. — A 1965 roadside restaurant remembered first as A&W drive-in, now a longtime family pizza spot on the cruising strip.

Safeway
660 S. Main St. — A South Main grocery anchor with bakery, deli, and pharmacy, sitting on land locals remember as a mud hole before the highway-era store was built.

Sea Bird Lodge
191 South St. — A 65-room, 1983 motel at Fort Bragg's south end, quietly absorbing decades of road trips, fishing weekends, and franchise changes.

Starbucks
576 S Main St — The former Taco Bell building with deeper roots as a gas station, now a chain coffee shop that stirred local debate.

Sub-Surface Progression Dive Shop
18600 Old Coast Highway — A longtime Highway 1 dive shop founded in 1977, in the redwood-built building remembered earlier as Harold Brayton's Redwood Rendezvous.

Super 8 Motel
888 S Main St — A 53-room Highway 1 motel built in 1984, remembered as the Surrey Inn and before that a Jeep dealership corner.

Surf Motel & Gardens
1220 S. Main St. — A South Main highway-era motel with landscaped gardens that has long served Fort Bragg's travelers, fishermen, and working visitors.

Taco Bell
695 S. Main St. — A highway-era fast-food building on land once part of Fort Bragg's old off-highway logging road system.

Taqueria La Gloria
500 S. Main St., Suite B — The former Red Caboose, a purpose-built replica restaurant from 1980 that became Viraporn's, GG's Thai Cafe, and now a beloved taqueria.

Tradewinds Lodge / Motel 6
400 S. Main St. — A classic South Main motor lodge remembered for rooms, restaurant meals, cocktails, pancakes, first dates, family trips, soccer tournaments, motorcycle rides, and a pool that made it feel like a full roadside stop.
Highway 20 Corridor(3)
East along Hwy 20 toward Willits

Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg
250 Highway 20 — A modern highway-corridor hotel built in 2001 on land remembered as Hare Creek Valley pasture and a kids' playground.

Landmark Grocery
31070 Highway 20 — A weathered Highway 20 country store that was the snack stop, gas stop, candy stop, and the familiar sign that meant home was close.

Van Peer Boat Works
32600 Hwy 20 — A Highway 20 boatyard where Chris Van Peer built more than 30 steel commercial fishing vessels for the West Coast fleet over four decades.
Caspar(3)
The small coastal village south of Fort Bragg

Black Bear Press
14951 Caspar Rd, Caspar — A tall false-front Caspar building remembered as Nolan's Grocery, then Black Bear Press, and later office space for The Conservation Fund.

Caspar Community Center
15051 Caspar Rd — A renovated historic schoolhouse that became Caspar's central gathering place.

Caspar Inn
14957 Caspar Rd — A historic Caspar roadhouse that has carried food, music, rooms, and community life through one chapter after another.
Schools & Civic Buildings(19)
Schools, city hall, library, public agencies

Adventist Health Mendocino Coast
700 River Dr. — The Mendocino Coast hospital, dedicated June 26, 1971 and now operated by Adventist Health under a 30-year lease.

C.V. Starr Community Center
300 S. Lincoln St. — A modern recreation and aquatic center built on the site of the historic Green Memorial Field.

CAL FIRE / Jackson Demonstration State Forest Office
802 N. Main St. — The state forestry office that has anchored Fort Bragg's connection to forest management for decades.

Cotton Auditorium
500 N. Harold St. — A true community auditorium holding generations of Fort Bragg school, performance, and public memory.

Dana Gray Elementary School
1197 E. Chestnut St. — A purpose-built postwar elementary campus established in 1956, long predating its later directory date.

DMV (Fort Bragg Field Office)
410 S. Franklin St. — A plain South Franklin service building that carries memories of open fields, carnivals, small shops, and the long local business of getting paperwork done.

Fort Bragg Branch Library
499 E. Laurel St — From mortuary to library, a building that has served Fort Bragg through its hardest and most hopeful chapters.
Fort Bragg City Hall
416 N. Franklin St — From community gym, pool, and skating rink to the seat of city government, a civic anchor that never stopped being a gathering place.

Fort Bragg High School
300 Dana St. — The current Fort Bragg High School campus, opened in 1965, with a school identity that stretches back through the 1937 campus and Cotton Auditorium.

Fort Bragg Middle School
500 N. Harold St. — A historic 1937 campus that has served as Fort Bragg High School, Fort Bragg Junior High, and today's middle school, anchored by Cotton Auditorium.

Fort Bragg Police Department (Cypress St.)
250 Cypress St. — A purpose-built civic building on Cypress Street, standing where old haul-road and dairy memories still run underneath the modern town.

MCRPD Administration Office (100 N. Main)
100 N. Main St. — The Mendocino Coast Recreation and Park District administration office at Main and Oak, a downtown corner that went from church ground to vacant lot with the Colombi Motel sign, to PG&E, to today's MCRPD headquarters. Separate from the MCRPD Studios on Franklin.

Mendocino Coast Chamber of Commerce
345 N. Franklin St. — A downtown Franklin Street storefront where visitor information, local business promotion, and old catalog-store memories all meet in one address.

Mendocino Coast Model Railroad & Historical Society
100 W. Laurel St. — A hidden gem behind the Skunk Train depot with 1,300+ feet of track recreating local logging and rail history.

Mendocino College Coast Center
1211 Del Mar Dr. — A quiet Fort Bragg campus with roots in College of the Redwoods, now Mendocino College's Coast Center serving generations of coast students.

Mendocino County Sheriff / Coastal Justice Center
700 S. Franklin St. — A South Franklin county complex housing the Sheriff's substation, Ten Mile Branch courthouse, and DA Coast Office, successor to the old Main and Laurel courthouse lost in the 1987 arson fires.

Redwood Elementary School
324 S. Lincoln St. — A long-running Fort Bragg elementary campus serving the earliest grades, with local memory stretching back well before its 1980 directory date.

Skunk Train Depot
100 W. Laurel St. — The front door to the California Western Railroad since 1885, starting point for redwood excursions and a Fort Bragg icon.

Veterans Memorial Building
360 N. Harrison St. — A veterans hall, community gathering place, temporary courthouse after the 1987 fires, and now part of the renewed Bainbridge Park.
Churches & Community Halls(16)
Houses of worship and fraternal halls

Adventist Church
446 N. Whipple St. — The Fort Bragg Seventh-day Adventist Church, documented at this corner since at least 1924, with a century of worship, schooling, and community service.

Calvary Baptist Church
1144 E. Chestnut St. — A quiet East Chestnut church building that has been part of Fort Bragg's neighborhood life for generations.

Calvary Chapel Fort Bragg (formerly Noyo Bowl)
900 N. Main St. — A North Main gathering place that went from 50 years of bowling, burgers, karaoke, and community life to a church, still bringing people together.

Chapel by the Sea
445 E. Fir St. — The Mendocino Coast's only funeral home, serving local families through generations of loss, remembrance, and farewell, and rebuilt after the historic chapel was destroyed by fire in 2019.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
355 S. Lincoln St. — A quiet meetinghouse and FamilySearch Center woven into Fort Bragg neighborhood life through worship, fruit-group deliveries, and shutdown-era car vaccines.

Coast Christian Center
1004 E. Chestnut St. — A neighborhood church remembered as the old Assembly of God, with a brief school chapter tucked into its story.

Cobalt / Fort Bragg Masonic Hall
428–430 N. Main St — A downtown lodge building turned community art gallery, still gathering people for reasons bigger than shopping.

Eagles Hall / Toveri Tupa
210 N Corry St — From Finnish socialist hall to Labor Temple to Eagles Hall, a building that absorbed generations of Fort Bragg community life.

First Baptist Church
127 E. Pine St — A Mission Revival landmark anchoring its corner since 1889, rebuilt after its bell tower collapsed in 1926.

Fort Bragg Grange Hall
26500 CA-1 — A former one-room schoolhouse turned Grange hall in Inglenook, still holding community life together.

Fort Bragg Lions Club
430 E. Redwood Ave. — Now the Fort Bragg Lions Hall, this 1895 building was originally Kalevala Hall, built by the Finnish Temperance Society and later remembered as Redmen Hall.

Grace Community Church
1450 E. Oak St. — A church campus on East Oak where sanctuary, lawn, cross, gym, and community memory all sit together outside the downtown storefront rhythm.

Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church
255 S. Harold St. — An A-frame redwood church built 1950–52, anchoring parish life and community traditions for over 70 years.

Portuguese Hall
822 Stewart Street — A community hall closely tied to Fort Bragg's Portuguese community and the Holy Ghost / Festa do Espírito Santo tradition.

St. Michael & All Angels Episcopal Church
201 E. Fir St. — A century-old redwood church with famous Stevenson angel windows, holding over a hundred years of Fort Bragg memories.

Trinity Lutheran Church
620 E. Redwood Ave. — Founded in 1889 by Finnish immigrants, a California Point of Historical Interest with services in Finnish until the 1950s.
Industrial / Working-Town Sites(17)
Lumber yards, mills, gravel, fuel, services

AmeriGas
300 S. Main St. — A plain South Main utility office with a livelier past remembered as Humboldt Federal Bank, Fort Bragg's first ATM, and a GMC and Pontiac dealership.

Branesky Heating & Sheet Metal / Branesky Stove Shop
636 N. Franklin St. — A practical North Franklin service-and-showroom building remembered as Hautula's plumbing shop and then Branesky Heating & Sheet Metal / Branesky Stove Shop.

Fort Bragg Feed and Pet
880 Stewart St. — A family-owned feed and pet supply store in business for nearly 40 years, known for dog cookies, steady service, and being part of the town's everyday rhythm.

Fort Bragg Septic
700 N. Franklin St. — A small corner building remembered as Mendocino Coast Animal Hospital, now home to Fort Bragg Septic and PEEC.

Fred C. Holmes Lumber Co.
211 W. Elm St. — A working West Elm lumber yard founded in 1949 by Fred C. Holmes, sixth-generation lumberman, on 22 acres tied to Fort Bragg's postwar redwood economy.

Geo Aggregates Baxman Gravel: Fort Bragg History & Archival Photos
1221 N. Main St — Three generations of Baxman family memories, archival photos, and the industrial gravel yard that helped build Fort Bragg.

Georgia-Pacific Mill Site / Former Union Lumber Company Mill Site
West of Highway 1, between the Noyo River Bridge and Glass Beach — An entire industrial landscape that shaped Fort Bragg's working life for more than a century.

Highway 20 Feed
31800 Highway 20 — A working feed store on the road out of town that has been caring for Fort Bragg's animals, ranch families, and pet owners for generations.

Matson Building Materials
22601 N. Highway 1 — A north-end Fort Bragg building-supply yard that has served contractors, homeowners, remodelers, repair crews, and weekend project people since 1949.

Mendo Mill & Lumber Co.
125 S. Main St — From the old mill-owned resale lumber yard to today's Ace Hardware-affiliated home center, a South Main working-town fixture since the 1940s.

Polly Cleaners
930 N. Franklin St — A no-nonsense service building remembered as Budweiser warehouse, dry cleaner, and brewery storage.

The Rental Place
18550 S. CA-1 — A practical south-end rental yard where tools, party gear, equipment, and local projects all pass through, formerly Fort Bragg Rent-All and Party Works.

Rossi Building Materials
835 Stewart St — A lumber yard and supply center rooted in the Rossi family’s trucking and logging legacy, helping build and maintain Fort Bragg since 1950.

Suburban Propane
1210 N. Main St. — A working propane distribution office and yard along Fort Bragg's North Main corridor, marked by a red-and-white roadside sign and serving homes, businesses, and rural customers across the Mendocino Coast.

Superior Pump & Drilling
1251 N. Main St. — A working yard with roots in Bud Eastman's logging and chip-truck operation, later associated with Roach Bros. logging and now home to well drilling and pump services.

Thompson Gas
635 N. Franklin St. — A North Franklin utility yard tied to fuel service, tanker trucks, propane delivery, petroleum distribution, and the working side of Fort Bragg.

Willits Power Equipment
18800 S. CA-1 — A big plain roadside building tied to outdoor power equipment, Jim's Building Supply memories, Natural Woods furniture, and the working edge of south Fort Bragg.
Historic Homes & Landmarks(4)
Heritage residences and museum buildings

The Guest House
343 N. Main St. — A redwood company house built in 1892 by the Fort Bragg Redwood Company, now one of Fort Bragg's most beloved history museums.

The Stewart House
511 Stewart St. — Locally claimed as the first civilian house built in Fort Bragg (1876), part of the town's oldest-home debate with the Weller House.

Todd Farm House
100 Highway 20 — A fourteen-room farmhouse at the Highway 1/20 gateway that has been antique shop, pub, bakery, and museum across the decades.

Weller House
524 Stewart St. — One of Fort Bragg's best-known historic Victorians, built in 1886 for Horace Weller, enlarged in 1897, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Other Locations(60)
Outlying addresses not in the main corridors

Bever House
45121 Little Lake Street, Mendocino — An 1880s residence whose wooden water tower, garden, and Bever brothers history still mark Little Lake Street.

Blair House
45110 Little Lake Street, Mendocino — An 1888 Victorian home, later a bed and breakfast, known worldwide as Jessica Fletcher's house in Murder, She Wrote.

Blue Door Inn
10481 Howard Street, Mendocino — An 1883 Victorian that served as a home, a cooperative hospital, a healing-arts center, the Whitegate Inn, and today’s Blue Door Inn.

Café Beaujolais
961 Ukiah Street, Mendocino — An 1893 Victorian farmhouse that became a maternity home, a family café, and one of the coast’s best-known restaurants.

Century 21 Seascape Realty
45050 Little Lake Street, Mendocino — A quiet garden-set building remembered as a blacksmith location, piano store, and cheese shop, now a village real estate office.

Circa
45130 Main Street, Mendocino — A blue-and-white Main Street building housing an independent clothing boutique that has served women and men for nearly fifty years.

Community Center of Mendocino
998 School Street, Mendocino — A 1930 grammar school that still serves the village as a nonprofit center for children, adults, recreation, and community events.

Corners of the Mouth
45015 Ukiah Street, Mendocino — A landmark red church built by the Kelley family in the 1890s that became a collectively operated natural-food store in 1976.

Crow's Nest Interpretive Center
South Coastal Trail — A small redwood A-frame on the Noyo Headlands with a Georgia-Pacific visitor-center past and a marine-science life today.

Den Modern
45055 Albion Street, Mendocino — A small 1961 guest-lodging building known historically as Star Lodge that later became an Albion Street art gallery and, more recently, a showcase for vintage and modern design.

Dick's Place / Rubaiyat Beads
45070 Main Street, Mendocino — A landmark Main Street property where a family liquor store became one of Mendocino's oldest bars, while the neighboring Cecchi home later became Rubaiyat Beads.

Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn / Coulbourn's Haunted House
44860 Main Street, Mendocino — The 1882 McCornack House, home to Dr. James Milliken and Mendocino's early medical community, later the Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn.

Edward Jones / Bruce M. Fournier
45020 Ukiah Street, Mendocino — A red, white-trimmed Victorian-style building rebuilt in 2005 as a replica, now home to the Edward Jones office of financial advisor Bruce M. Fournier.

El Yuca
242 N. McPherson St. — A neighborhood McPherson Street building remembered as Co-op hardware, a pool hall, Paul Bunyan's Thrift Shop, AA meetings, and now El Yuca.

Epperson's Music Box
44966 Ukiah Street, Mendocino — A Mendocino village music shop selling guitars, ukuleles, vinyl records and accessories, offering on-site repairs and hosting live in-store performances.

Fancy That
10483 Lansing Street, Mendocino — A layered Mendocino commercial property where women's fashion, café businesses, jewelry, hair services, and memories of a neighborhood barbershop have shared the same address.

Flow Restaurant & Lounge
45040 Main Street, Mendocino — Built in 1947 as Homer's Market, later The Deli, Bay View Cafe and Brannon's Whale Watch, with a historic water tower moved here in 1976.

Fog Eater Cafe
45104 Main Street, Mendocino — A small vegetarian restaurant and bottle shop in a dark-wood Main Street building remembered as a 1970s doctor's office and later Cultured Affair.

The Ford House Visitor Center and Museum
45035 Main Street, Mendocino — Built in 1854 for Jerome B. Ford, the last surviving Mendocino Lumber Company house on Main Street, now a visitor center and museum.

Frankie's Pizza & Ice Cream Parlor
44951 Ukiah Street, Mendocino — A family-run Mendocino village pizza and ice cream parlor serving handcrafted pizza, falafel, espresso and locally made Cowlick's ice cream since 2004.

Gallery Bookshop / Jarvis-Nichols Building
319 Kasten Street, Mendocino — The historic 1870s Jarvis-Nichols mercantile building at Main and Kasten, home to Gallery Bookshop and Bookwinkle's Children's Books since 1962.

Gnar Bar
10450 Lansing Street, Mendocino — The red-roofed 1923 Shell Building at Lansing and Albion, once a Shell station and later Tote Fête, Moody's coffee and the Village Toy Store, now an Asian-fusion eatery.

GoodLife Cafe & Bakery
10483 Lansing Street, Mendocino — A Lansing Street bakery address for nearly a century, from the Mendocino or Crystal Bakery of the 1930s through Mendocino Bakery to today’s GoodLife.

Harvest at Mendosa's
10501 Lansing Street, Mendocino — A Mendocino grocery tradition since 1909, from Frank Mendosa's store to today's Harvest at Mendosa's.

Headlands Inn
10453 Howard Street, Mendocino — An 1868 Main Street barbershop that became a saloon, then was moved by horses and log rollers in 1893 to Howard and Albion.

Healing Arts Building
45180 Main Street, Mendocino — Built in 1965 as the Zacha Building by Mendocino Art Center founder Bill Zacha, and home to Dr. Don Hahn’s medical practice from the start.

Heavenly Soles
45090 Main Street, Mendocino — A locally owned shoe store in a Main Street building long remembered as The Melting Pot, with a hairdresser upstairs.

Hill House of Cabot Cove
10701 Palette Drive, Mendocino — The bluff-top hotel that became the Hill House of Cabot Cove during the filming of Murder, She Wrote.

John Dougherty House
571 Ukiah Street, Mendocino — An 1867 saltbox residence built for pioneer John Dougherty, later a bed-and-breakfast with a converted water tower.

Kelley House Museum
45007 Albion Street, Mendocino — Built in 1861 as the William Kelley family home, now Mendocino's museum, archive, and historical research center.

L.A. Hyder Gallery
10341 Kasten Street, Mendocino — A small water-tower gallery opened in 2025 by photographer L.A. "Happy" Hyder, celebrating women in the arts.

Lansing House
44900 Main Street, Mendocino — An 1855 residence built for Captain David Lansing, later owned by jeweler Oscar M. Stone, with an 1897 water tower behind it.

Lansing Street Gallery / Kellieowen Hall
10466 Lansing Street, Mendocino — An 1887 multi-tenant corner building that has held shops, the 1970s Foghorn Tavern, and the Lansing Street Gallery.

Ledges Ocean Sports
45140 Main Street, Mendocino — Built about 1874 as Abram Everson's General Store, later Alphonso's Mercantile, now a family-owned ocean-sports shop.

Lisbon House / Lisbon-Paoli Hotel
45121 Ukiah Street, Mendocino — An 1881 Victorian hotel built by John D. Johnson for Mendocino’s Portuguese and lumber-mill community.

MacCallum House Inn
45020 Albion Street, Mendocino — An 1881 Kelley family Victorian, moved and enlarged in 1908, now a historic inn and restaurant.

Masonic Hall / Savings Bank of Mendocino County
10500 Lansing Street, Mendocino — The 1866 Masonic Hall crowned by Erick Albertson's redwood sculpture Time and the Maiden.

Mendocino Cafe
10451 Lansing Street, Mendocino — International cuisine since 1987 in an 1880 building that once housed a barbershop with a family living upstairs.

Mendocino Christian Fellowship
45171 Little Lake Street, Mendocino — A small village church at Little Lake and Kasten, still carrying the quiet look of an older Mendocino gathering place.

Mendocino Gems / Johnson-Stauer Building
10483 Lansing Street, Mendocino — A jewelry studio in the historic Johnson-Stauer Building, home to Mitch's Barber Shop from 1948 to 2009.

Mendocino Hardware
10510 Howard Street, Mendocino — The village's locally owned hardware store behind Harvest at Mendosa's, continuing a trade sold here since 1916.

Mendocino Hotel
45080 Main Street, Mendocino — The 1878 Central House, renamed the Mendocino Hotel in 1927 and now under restoration for a spring 2027 reopening.

Mendocino Jams & Preserves
440 Main Street, Mendocino — An early twentieth-century carriage house that has held Mendocino's little jam shop since 1975.

Mendocino Market & Deli
45051 Ukiah Street, Mendocino — Daisy MacCallum's red guest cottage turned neighborhood deli, opened by Alvin and Jeanette Mendosa.

Mendocino Massage
45100 Albion Street, Mendocino — A weathered redwood village building now operating as a day spa in the heart of Mendocino.

Mendocino Post Office
10500 Ford Street, Mendocino — A postal institution established December 1, 1858, now housed in a practical building on Ford Street.

Mendocino Presbyterian Church
44831 Main Street, Mendocino — An 1867-1868 redwood Gothic church above Mendocino Bay, California Historical Landmark No. 714.

Mendocino Sandpiper
45280 Main Street, Mendocino — A small Main Street jewelry shop established in 1987 and remembered through the Roxanne Vold years.

Mendocino Theatre Company
45200 Little Lake Street, Mendocino — The Helen Schoeni Theatre on the Mendocino Art Center campus, home to community theater since 1977.

Mendocino Village Massage
45061 Little Lake Street, Mendocino — A cottage-like village office building that has held realty, vacation-rental and massage businesses.

Mendocino Volunteer Fire Department
10461 Lansing Street, Mendocino — A 1939 village firehouse still serving as Station 841, carrying a volunteer tradition begun in 1887.

Meyer Family Cellars
45156 Main Street, Mendocino — An ocean-facing tasting room for the Meyer family's Yorkville Highlands winery, across from the Headlands trail.

Moore Used Books
990 Main Street, Mendocino — A longtime used bookstore in a small Main Street house, associated with Carl Moore since the late 1990s.

Nahara
45000 Main Street, Mendocino — An EcoLuxe boutique and healing-arts spa in the circa-1874 Kelley Building at the Wye.

NCMA Internal & Family Medicine Mendocino
45081 Little Lake Street, Mendocino — A neighborhood medical office in the restored nineteenth-century carriage house of the Chalfant property.

Nicholson House at Beaujolais
951 Ukiah Street, Mendocino — A restored Victorian lodging house beside Café Beaujolais with more than a century of family, housing and innkeeping history.

Ocean Quilts Mendocino
45270 Main Street, Mendocino — A handmade quilt shop in a mixed commercial-residential building long home to the Artists' Co-op of Mendocino.

Out of This World
45100 Main Street, Mendocino — A science, toy and optics store in the 1908 Bank of Commerce building at Main and Kasten, old vault included.

Pacific Coast Dental
801 River Dr. — A River Drive professional-office building remembered through dentistry, physical therapy, medical offices, an old barn, and possibly Fort Bragg’s Pacific Frontier building era.

Point Cabrillo Light Station
13800 Point Cabrillo Drive, Mendocino — A low white lighthouse and historic station buildings on a windswept headland between Mendocino and Caspar, with one of the coast's great Fresnel lenses and generations of keepers, volunteers, and returning visitors.